This recipe is apart of my 3-Step Rhythm Cleanse, which you can learn all about right here
This antioxidant, good-fats rich dish will drive detoxification of your liver like no other. In fact, might recommend you eat this once a week forever!
Cod is a little known health food as just 4oz, provides more than 100% of your daily recommended B12. It's also got a bunch of protein, minerals like Selenium for an antioxidant boost, lodine for thyroid support, and Choline for anti-inflammatory support.
There's not a better fish for general detoxification! Combined with the detoxing power of Brussel Sprouts, this is a winning combination.
- 4oz Wild-Caught Cod Filet (plain or marinated in 118 cup of coconut aminos with your favorite spices) - You should keep your maximum fish intake to 4oz/day
- 1/4 chopped Onion 16oz of sliced Brussels Sprouts - per serving. One heaping helping of brussels! More or less if you prefer
- 2Tbsp of Coconut Oil (1 Tbsp. for cod/onions and 1 Tbsp. for the sprouts)
- 1 tsp of Sea Salt or more for fish and brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper-half in brussels and half sprinkled on fish. To taste
First, coat the fish with any spices you'd like. (Personally, like using Cayenne and Turmeric to give it a nice Crispy coating)
If you would like to bake your fish: Preheat your oven to 425 and bake the fish and onions for 8 minutes using the coconut oil to prevent sticking If you would like to saute your fish: Melt the coconut oil over Medium+ heat and begin cooking the onions Add the fish to your skillet and cook about 4 minutes per side until it flakes easily and onion in Coconut oil with any spices you'd like. (Personally, really like using Cayenne and Turmeric to give it a nice Crispy coating)
Then saute the Brussels Sprouts over Medium+ heatin coconut oil, sea salt, and black pepper until they turn soft and golden. (You could also roast them in the oven at 425 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown).
Makes about 1 serving.